Inspiration

Tuesday 6 September 2011

On Loneliness


On Loneliness

You're like a thief
Snatching my happiness away
You're like the cloud
Wiping the sun's smile eventually
You're so cruel
Crushing my heart into pieces
You're like the Angel of Death
Wreaking havoc wherever you go...

Leave me
I implore you
Please put this heart of mine to rest
I don't want to feel the emptiness
I don't want to go on like this...

I want the sun to shine
Upon my face
I want the smile to show
Upon my lips
Free me, release me...

Only then can I say
That life is worth living
If you are still in me, with me
I know bliss is elusive
So the only respite for this...
Is the time when you
Open the cage
And let me flutter my wings...


IN RESPONSE TO LONELINESS
(from a poet to a poetess)(ADV)

If I were like the thief
who snatched the brief...
moments or like the clouds
that shreded a sun’s smile,
I would not crash
a heart in pieces,
fetch a death’s disease,
or tarry on a toxic mile.

For as I leave I left
untouched, bereft
from right to left
the words untold
in deep accord
while empty hands parlayed
a struggling fray, allayed
in verses bleak to reach
perchance to teach
the radiant glow of souls.

Smile, my friend and
let this beam, this light
descend upon your noble life
as we pass through the strife,
of nebulous arrays conveyed
in thoughts we dare not say.
Your life is worth a living lived
to which your freedom strongly cleaved,
the cage we think was locked and closed
is nothing else than thoughts imposed.

Bliss and peace are in your hands
my dear, so let those wings
bring forth a mystic wand,
flutter freely through the lands
and let your freedom sing
the magic of your strand.

So as we smile or sing or cry
the joy we have should not go by,
for poems are penned by fools like me
but only God can make us free.

2 comments:

  1. “We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.”

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's an illusion for in the end there is only you...but later you'll realize that there is someone who lets the a leaf falls when you're down...just look up to the sky and see...

    ReplyDelete